About Stereotactic Academy
Welcome to this e-learning resource for stereotactic functional neurosurgery and DBS, with focus on visual anatomical targeting.
The aim of this website is to cover every detail of DBS that is of importance from a clinical perspective, including the most fundamental basics. The site is therefore suitable for young colleagues who are starting their training within the field of stereotactic functional neurosurgery and DBS. Hopefully, some of the lectures will also be of value to more experienced colleagues, and to nonneurosurgeons with an interest in DBS.
Before entering the website, please look at the website presentation and study guide.
We recommend using Google Chrome for browsing the website and viewing the lectures.
The Stereotactic Academy is supported by
Latest NEWS and reviews
We are happy to inform that several courses have been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Students can now receive CME points upon completing each course. This includes:
- DBS for movement disorders for referring physicians (3 CME points).
- Introduction for residents in neurosurgery (Modules 1-4: 8 CME points)
To comply with the EACCME framework, these courses are provided separately at www.stereotactic.se.
All users of Stereotactic Academy registered before May 2021 get automatic access to www.stereotactic.se (same username and password as on this website). However, all newer users need to register at www.stereotactic.se .
LATEST ARTICLE REVIEWS
- Women in Neuromodulation: Innovative Contributions to Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery.
- Researchers’ Ethical Concerns About Using Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation for Enhancement.
- Where Are We with Deep Brain Stimulation? A Review of Scientific Publications and Ongoing Research.
- Necessity and feasibility of remote tele-programming of deep brain stimulation systems in Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain network for deep brain stimulation induced cognitive decline in Parkinson’s disease.