About Stereotactic Academy
Welcome to this e-learning resource for stereotactic functional neurosurgery and DBS, with focus on visual anatomical targeting.
The aim of this website is to cover every detail of DBS that is of importance from a clinical perspective, including the most fundamental basics. The site is therefore suitable for young colleagues who are starting their training within the field of stereotactic functional neurosurgery and DBS. Hopefully, some of the lectures will also be of value to more experienced colleagues, and to nonneurosurgeons with an interest in DBS.
Before entering the website, please look at the website presentation and study guide.
We recommend using Google Chrome for browsing the website and viewing the lectures.
The Stereotactic Academy is supported by
Latest NEWS and reviews
We are happy to inform that Modules 1-4 of the Introduction for residents in neurosurgery have been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Students can now receive CME points upon completing each Module.
To comply with the EACCME framework, these courses are provided separately at www.stereotatic.se.
All users of Stereotactic Academy registered before May 2021 get automatic access to www.stereotactic.se (same username and password as on this website). However, all newer users need to register at www.stereotactic.se .
LATEST ARTICLE REVIEWS
- DBS in psychiatry: ‘grossesse nerveuse’ or delivery by forceps? Hariz M. Newsletter of the World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery. Fall 2021; pp 9-10.
- Carl Wilhelm Sem-Jacobsen: Aerospace Neurophysiology and Deep Brain Stimulation Pioneer. Dietrichs E. Neurology. 2021 Dec 3:10.1212/WNL.0000000000013149. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000013149. Online ahead of print.
- Oh, Georges! What Have They Done to Your Beautiful Name? Hariz M, Blomstedt P. Mov Disord. 2021 Oct;36(10):2441-2442.
- Judith Balkányi-Lepintre (1912-1982): first woman neurosurgeon, first woman war neurosurgeon, and first woman pediatric neurosurgeon in France. Hariz M, Eröss L, Hariz GM, Eröss B, Cif L, Blomstedt P, Agid Y. J Neurosurg. 2021 Oct 29:1-5.
- Interstitial laser anterior capsulotomy for obsessive-compulsive disorder: lesion size and tractography correlate with outcome. Satzer D, Mahavadi A, Lacy M, Grant JE, Warnke P. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2021 Oct 29;jnnp-2021-327730.doi: 10.1136/jnnp-2021-327730. Online ahead of print.